Click on the diagram to view it clearly !
- Submit a Standard Concurrent Report and check if it completes successfully.
- Check if you are able to view the log/output file if not check if your APPS listener is running.
- If your concurrent report fails check the log report or request log file.
- Check if your standard manager is running from the front end.
- Check if the internal concurrent manager is up and running.
- Check the UNIX background process of your concurrent manager
ps -ef|grep FNDLIBR.
- Check your Concurrent Manager log files at $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG.
- If the managers are failing due a problematic request try running cmclean.sql or use the recover concurrent manager option from Oracle Applications Manager.
- In case your concurrent managers are not able to start due to failing to accuire locks, try clearing up the locks from the database.
- If you are still having trouble with your concurrent managers you can try re creating the concurrent manager views using
FNDLIBR FND FNDCPBWV apps/
SYSADMIN 'System Administrator' SYSADMIN